How to Play Chess Variants

How to Play Chess Variants

While most people play standard chess rules, some people like to play chess with changes to the rules. These are called "chess variants". Each variant has its own rules:
  • Chess960: In Chess960 (Fischer Random), the initial position of the pieces is set at random. Pawns keep their normal initial position but the rest of the pieces are arranged randomly.
  • King Of The Hill: In this format, the goal is to get your king to the center of the board or "top of the hill."
  • Bughouse: This format is played in pairs. When one player captures a piece from the opponent, this piece will become available to his or her teammate. For example: If I play as White and my teammate, who is Black, takes a white knight from her opponent, in my turn I will have a knight that I can put on any free square on my board. I can do so in any of my future turns.
  • Crazyhouse: This is a very exciting format, since it allows you to use the pieces you take from your opponent. That is, if I play as White and I take a black pawn from my opponent, that pawn will turn into a white pawn that I can put on the board as part of my army. I can do so in any of my future turns.
  • 3-Check: In this format, the first player who checks the opponent's king three times, wins.
Chess Variants

No comments:

Post a Comment